The Patient Services Manager will supervise and direct the Health Center s billing and collections team, overseeing workflows and administration of data entry, claim submissions, denial and exception management, collection processes and other activities to ensure revenue cycle and billing best practices.
This person will also:
- Collaborate with Practice Managers and Outreach team providing leadership with patient services and engagement to include patient satisfaction data collection and analysis.
- Ensure billing staff and clinical providers are informed of industry billing and coding best practices and requirements.
- Serve as SME for all coding and revenue cycle processes and with EHR/EDR setup and configuration as it impacts billing, collections, patient demographics and patient communications.
- Provide on-going and month-end billing and A/R analysis and periodic internal audits.
- Ensure timely credentialing of Health Center providers
- Responsible for all third party insurance registration requirements including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in building process efficiencies and patient service best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including strong interpersonal and communications skills, ability to work across functions to accomplish objectives, proven ability to manage staff through directing work, and ability to create a positive and productive environment
- Demonstrated adaptability to handle changing priorities in a high volume, fast-paced work environment
- Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, power point, access); utilization of spreadsheets and medical billing software applications
- Working knowledge of revenue cycle operations and healthcare billing
- Three to five years medical insurance/healthcare billing and collections experience
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to process work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor s Degree with emphasis in business, healthcare, administration or accounting