The Manager, Account Management is responsible for the supervision and oversight of the Texas Operation Account Managers(OAM). The Account Management team is responsible for the daily support of their assigned Care Centers.
The Manager operates as the escalation point for the Operations Account Managers and Care Center as needed as it relates to questions and concerns that require further involvement by UPM teams and/or athenahealth to ensure timely resolution of issues.
The Manager’s overall goals are to assist the OAMs in building and maintaining trusted relationships with their Care Center office managers and Physician Members to ensure a high level of satisfaction. The position is directly responsible for ensuring all OAM tasks and Salesforce Cases are completed timely and accurately, coordination of team projects, holding regular team meetings and 1:1 meetings and regular team training to keep up with growing organizational and industry changes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directly manage, mentor and coach Operations Account Managers specifically in the performance of their ability to manage tasks and Salesforce Cases to completion within the specified SLA (service level agreement).
- Regular collaboration with other local and regional UPM department managers to ensure timely and satisfactory completion of all care center related tasks & cases.
- Work cross functionally to improve processes that involve multiple UPM departments.
- Liaise with athenahealth staff to ensure timely and accurate resolution to escalated athenaCollector and athenaCommunicator issues
- Develop subject matter expertise in athenahealth’s core products and services, including deep expertise in the areas of practice management, revenue cycle, and EHR
- Travel to Care Centers, Board Meetings and regional meetings with the assigned OAM, when necessary
- Work with the Director of Account Management to maintain an accurate forecast of projected and actual care center post-implementation projects
- Provide Weekly Status Updates to Sr Director & Market VP on specified projects
- Devise approaches to successful deployment in unique and complex client situations;
Additional Job Functions:
- Participates and leads AM staff meetings
- Participates and contributes to local or regional team meetings as requested
- Evaluates Operation Account Managers’ performance and develop goals for the individual staff members
- Track onsite visits for each Account Manager
- Approve PTO, Travel and Expense Reports for each Account Manager
- Provides training to OAM’s in areas of athenaCollector, athenaClinicals, athenaCommunicator and Salesforce as needed via available subject matter experts
- Efficiently oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Medical Office or Front Desk Management experience preferred
- Previous experience in managing a team of 5 or more
- Two years’ experience in a physician office or ambulatory healthcare setting, preferred.
- Previous account management and/or customer service experience
- High level of computer literacy and user experience; Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Office 365
- Two years hands on experience with a medical billing and/or EMR system (Athena preferred)
- Familiarity with clinical & operational workflows and workflow analysis
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as necessary within assigned territory and to corporate office approx. 25%
- Ability to think outside the box to solve problems and to escalate when appropriate.